So it's time to see how I did with regard to my 2014 goals---not so well. Take a look.
1. Continue to cash flow all of the dental work-FAIL- I had about $2000 of dental work that remained on my credit card into January. I have since paid off that balance.
2. Pay down at least $2000 more on my student loans by the end of the year. I think PASS- I only get e-statements and I accidentally deleted. Nelnet does not retain online copies for you. But I know I made at least 2 $600 plus payments towards the end of the year. That $1200 plus my regular payments likely pushed me over the $2000 mark. I will have to double check to be sure.
3. Get my emergency fund up to $10,000 by the end of the year.- PASS I have $10,006 in my emergency fund.
4. Get my online savings account up to $2,500 by the end of the year. - FAIL- I only had $2200 and some change as of December 31, 2014.
5. Get all of the dental work done this year so hopefully I can take a deduction on my taxes. FAIL- I still have to get the 2 crowns put on at a cost of approximately $4,000.
6. Talk to my boss about my future at the firm and a raise. PASS- I talked to him alright, to no avail.