Thursday, April 9, 2015

Checking In

Hi everyone, I'm just checking in today.  I don't really have anything important to post about right now.  Payday is next week so I can update debt payoff and budget planning then.

I did have to make some modifications to this current budget (April 1-15) due to a death in the family of a close friend. I took the money I had set aside for Easter and savings and had a basket of goodies sent to her. It does hurt a little not to put some money aside for savings for this budget period- but it was for a good cause. I hope it cheers her up.  Even without the extra money Easter was still fun-I spent it with my mother and sisters.  We dyed Easter eggs, did egg hunts, barbecued and had a great time on a beautiful sunny day. 

I know I'm not at the point of investing yet, but I have been spending a little bit of time looking at the different kinds of stocks to invest in. Specifically, I have been looking at dividend stocks.  I kind of like the idea of being paid to invest- even if it's not much.  I know I could be investing, but I really want to pay these student loans off, it will be 10 years that I have been paying on them come the end of this year.

That's all for now folks!

No comments:

Post a Comment