Wednesday, July 1, 2015

It's going down!

As of the end of June my student loan balance is at $16,632 (that's with interest calculated through July 15, 2015-the next anticipated payment date). I'm finally seeing the movement that I was looking for at the beginning of the year.  My hope is that by the end of July the balance will be in the $14,000s.  That's definitely going to take some work so  I will have to see what snowflakes I can add to the payment.  My payment date has been advanced all the way to January 2017 (my student loan company will advance the payment date and apply the extra to principal).  Does anyone else have a student loan debt around the same as mine? Let's race to see who can get there the fastest.  A little competition always gets the financial juices flowing!

No comments:

Post a Comment