Thursday, January 21, 2016

Mark the Day...

I am debt free!!! Well, except for my mortgage!! I pulled the trigger and pulled money out of savings to pay off my student loan.  I really just couldn't bare waiting any longer and paying $0.14 a day in interest.  I did not feel the elation that I had hoped to feel, instead I feel a bit nervous.  I pulled the money out of savings so my emergency fund is down to $8,316 (but my online savings account remains at $4,023).  I hate having my emergency fund below $10,000, but by mid- February it should be back where it was.  Less than a month away.

It's weird how being debt free is not as exciting as I thought it would be.  I felt way more excitement paying off loans and credit cards along the way. Strange...


Oh well, now I can start planning my journey to build wealth and give.  Here's a lovely snapshot of my account:




4 comments:

  1. Congratulations! I so know what you mean. You pushed the button and where was the music, the cheers and the confetti? Yep, which is why I proposed on that one post to get the mortgage paid off even sooner.

    You are going to move mountains now though. Maybe the job won't seem so bad or you can feel like you are able to change more now. Either way, good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I'm working building my emergency fund up now and then I will concentrate on investing and retirement!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job!!!!! So happy for you!!

    ReplyDelete