Tuesday, May 3, 2016

Roth gains and losses

My foray into investing has been interesting to say the least.  I fully funded my 2015 Roth IRA in April of this month.  I was up approximately $36 at one point and now I'm in the red.  Wow! What a bumpy ride.  I can handle the ups and downs, but going into the red made me lose my breath a little.

I know that a week from now, things could be totally different.  This investing thing is not for the light hearted.  I have read quite a bit about investing and I understand that despite the ups and downs you are supposed to keep shoveling money in, but it's so hard to do when it keeps disappearing.  :(

I ended April in the red, but I am excited to see what the end of May will bring.  Keep your fingers crossed!

2 comments:

  1. Yep, keep adding money and consider it the sale price.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What goes down must come back up :) At least regarding index investing.

    ReplyDelete