Friday, January 20, 2017

Unexpected Bonus

Last year at work was rough, to say the least.  However, at the very end of the year my firm issued bonuses! I received a $1000 bonus- after taxes.  After a little wavering, I finally decided to put the money into my emergency fund. (I first considered putting the money into my Roth IRA- but decided the extra cash on hand would be the better option).

While this bonus was much less than what we have received in the past, it was very much appreciated! Now I only have to put $1,500 in my Emergency Fund to reach my goal of raising it up to $17,500 by the end of the year.

2 comments:

  1. That emergency fund is my next big tackle. It seems so overwhelming, but one step at a time. I think you will be relieved when it is funded and you no longer have to think about it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, but no matter how much I put in...it never seems to be enough. Right now my ultimate goal is $20,000, but I'm sure that will change again.

      Delete