Tuesday, February 28, 2017

Busy weekends

I have been super busy the past few weekends working on home improvement projects.  My sister and I replaced a 2 X4 and all of the pickets on the fence on one side of the house.  We have not had a chance to get the other side done yet. I also stained and sealed the newly repaired portion of the fence.  It needed to be repaired badly, anytime you opened the door, the fence would pull apart.  It was very frustrating.

I also replaced the dryer vent cap as the previous one was plastic and had cracked and had become weather worn. 

We weeded the front flower beds, put down fresh pine straw and trimmed the trees and hedges.

Lastly, we fertilized the front lawn,put down pesticide and cut the grass.  First lawn mowing of the year!

Well of course all of these projects cost tons of money.  I never budget enough money for spring home improvements and I had to dip into my house/furniture fund.  I'm pretty sure I spent over $400 for everything, but I have not yet closed out February and totaled up all the expenses. I think the mental health boost was well worth the cost.  I was out in the sunshine getting exercise and enjoying the outdoors.

My back porch is now a total wreck as that's where everything has been stored for my outdoor projects and I will now have to concentrate on cleaning up that mess.  I also need to tend to my much ignored inside of my house and get all of those chores done. 

Gotta get ready for work.  Have a great day everyone!

2 comments:

  1. I know what you mean. We are spring cleaning to get ready to put the house up for sale, but really, there is not much we would not already have done. It was just done on a quicker time line. I love spring just for that - the renewal of energy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's always so much work getting ready for spring! I do love the longer days and the sunshine.

      Delete