Wednesday, November 8, 2017

Money, money and the Struggle.

I have had a lot of travel expenses for work these last few months.  I have already submitted over $700 in travel expenses for August, September and October.  Yesterday evening I came back from a trip up North and I have already documented over $1,200 in travel expenses (airfare, hotel, etc.).  I think there are few more expenses I am missing (i.e. checked bag costs and meals).

I am worn out from all the travel and cannot wait until Friday (Veteran's Day Observed), a day off.  However, I will be taking my car in for an oil change on that day. That's more $$$ that I will be spending.  (I wonder how people can travel so much and not be tired). 

I am also hoping to get some trees trimmed in the back yard to the tune of $950.

A mini "The Struggle this Week"
1. I need my travel expenses reimbursed prior to the Holidays. I don't think that will happen. It usually takes about 3 months.  That will be next year.
2. I have at least 2 more work trips before the end of the year and I already incurred approximately $2,000 in outstanding travel expenses.
3. The partner in the South Florida office keeps giving me new cases/projects. My boss doesn't do anything, why doesn't she give him work?
4. I keep getting cases that are outside my area of practice.  My boss is not helpful and provides no guidance. It makes things a lot harder to litigate. I feel slow and uncertain and I hate that feeling.  However, I do like learning new areas of the law.
5. My boss continues not to do his work and drops it on me at the last minute. It's very frustrating.
6. I'm stressed for so many reasons: work, not enough time to do anything, my toxic former friend, etc.
7. I want to spend money mindlessly to soothe myself. 
8. I wonder if I need to be on anti-depressants? I hate taking medication, but I wonder if it will help.


3 comments:

  1. I don't know what to say other than I am so sorry you are going through all this! Hang it there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Vent away! I think it does a person good. Sorry you are dealing with so much. I wonder if a job change would do you some good.

    ReplyDelete