Thursday, March 15, 2018

I'm Back!

and I am tired.  I had a week long trip leaving last Sunday (3/4) and returning this past Saturday(3/10). (It was over a 6 hour drive each way)  I still have not caught up on all my sleep yet.  I was so busy that I couldn't really do my work while on the trip, so now I am behind at work. 

The good news is that I received my tax return yesterday morning!  It only took about 10 or 11 days from the date I filed until the date it was deposited in my account!  I now have $1,184 to put towards replacing my 15 year old mattress and bedroom furniture.  I think that brings the total I have saved up to about $1,700 dollars.  (I need to update my assets and liabilities page). 

I'll have to write more later, as I need to rush to get ready for work.  Happy Thursday Everyone!

6 comments:

  1. Welcome back! That is a nice boost to your furniture fund!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! And I can’t wait for new bedroom furniture!

      Delete
  2. A good mattress is a priority in my book(can't work well/function if you don't sleep well).
    New furniture?....not so much in my book as long as you have a good bed frame/platform. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree! Unfortunately, my bedroom furniture is falling apart. Literally, pieces have fallen off of the dresser. The drawers don’t like to pull out or push in. They kinda hang at an angle. It was cheap furniture 15 years ago and it shows. Also, I plan to move up from a full size bed to a queen (so much more room!!!) so I will need new rails and headboard.

      Delete
  3. Buy the best mattress! Put those pieces back on with glue or something. Live with that rickety dresser until you can buy the last dresser you will ever need. Good luck with the furniture fund.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My hope it to get a nice high quality mattress. I've tried to put the pieces back on my dresser and I just couldn't get them to stay. I plan to save as much as possible to get nice quality furniture. Now, don't get me wrong when I got my furniture 15 years ago I was so appreciative. It meant I no longer had to sleep on a futon. I just want to get a nicer quality of furniture.

      Delete