Thursday, August 2, 2018

This and That




I realized, in June, that I have been averaging a $1,100 a month contribution to my retirement accounts. Towards the end of July, I was $50 short of making that goal for the month. I was really disappointed that I was not going to meet or exceed my new informal goal.  However, on the last day of the month, I received a travel reimbursement and I put $50 of that into my retirement fund.  Goal met!!! I love the little good things like that.

Over the last few months I had been noticing an occasional squealing sound in my car.  I was worried about what else could be going wrong in my now 12 year old car.  Last weekend I washed out my car and cleaned the inside.  I also went for a drive with my mother, opening the vents on the passenger side of the car.  Low and behold, the sound stopped!! #moneysaved

I've made some progress on a case I have been working on at work.  Very bad facts for my client.  The case is difficult and stressful, but I think we are edging closer to a settlement. Hopefully soon. Keep your fingers crossed for me and think good thoughts.   

I think I've made a decision to throw leftover money (budgeted money that I don't spend) into my emergency fund.  It never hurts to have extra money on hand.  Also, there has been talk of an impending recession from the talking heads.  I don't want to get caught off guard. 

I have been thinking about how I can increase my income and what I can do to help myself in case of job loss.  I have started saving up for a rental property.  Just little bits of found money here and there.  I have not fully committed to the idea, but being single means I need diversified income streams.  I think it's a good option for me to consider.  I'm thinking I'll save for about 5 years and see where I am. 

Make some money and meet those goals today. 

That's all for today, friends. 


3 comments:

  1. $1100 in contributions every month. Very cool!
    I like your #moneysaved discovery. Serious money saved.

    Ooh! A rental property sounds cool. I've thought about that too and something I might get into after i'm out of debt. I have a couple of relatives that are into real estate. Trouble is, I don't like risk or debt, so I'd have to save up for a property first? I have a lot more time to think about the options. Keep us updated on that.

    Any news on the new contract at work? Has it started?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm very debt and risk adverse too. I hope to get more invested in the idea of a rental property once I see how much money I have saved. I really do not want to have a mortgage on a rental property. I would also like an emergency fund for the rental property as well.
      No news on the new contract yet. Also, my boss has not really been in the office since that post. He was sick for a few days, then an injury and now vacation.

      Delete
  2. I really appreciate your professional approach.These are pieces of very useful information that will be of great use for me in future.

    ดูหนังออนไลน์

    ReplyDelete