Thursday, June 20, 2019

I'm back!!


I apologize for the unexpected blogging break!  Please know that I have been reading along with your blogs (but unable to comment from my phone) for the past 2ish months.  I have had some family medical issues and an overload at work.  Things appear to be evening out for now and I am greatly appreciative. 

I will do an update on my 2019 goals soon as it is almost the end of the 2nd quarter. However, I am down about 8lbs and my retirement account balance has hit a milestone of $40,000!! I was hoping that this would be the year that my retirement accounts hit $50,000, but I don't think that is going to happen.  There is too much turbulence in the markets. I still have over $6,000 to contribute for the year. 

I have had so many medical expenses this year, I'm not sure that I am going to meet my retirement contribution goal.  I am getting new eyeglasses, contacts, I see the dentist quarterly now, I have to have a deep cleaning on my upper right teeth (in addition to the quarterly visits), I may have to have a crown replaced, etc.  There are so many more that have just crept up on me. I can't even remember them all right now. 

 I also am unhappy that the Fed may be lowering the interest rate later this year.  I finally was making a decent amount of money in my savings accounts!!! 

Anyways, I have lots to write about, but I will have to let this be it for now. 

Happy Blogging!!!

3 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear about all your dental troubles. Always something in life, isn't it? Glad, though, to know you are still around the blogging world!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's good to hear from you. I'm looking forward to your next posts.

    I, too, have been keeping up with all your posts, even if I don't comment. I've been having my own share of stress and distraction.

    It seems like it's tough for a lot of people right now for various reasons.

    ReplyDelete