Saturday, February 22, 2020

Car Shopping Adventures #4



Next stop, Volvo! I forgot to take pictures at the Volvo dealership.  So I just used a stock photo from the internet. 

Volvos are expensive, but I really like the look of these vehicles so I figured I would give it a shot.  Unfortunately, I think they are just too costly for my taste (well wallet really).   The sales guy I interacted with was nice. He was a young man probably in his early to mid 20s and VERY tall.  We test drove a XC60. 

The car drove very nicely and smoothly.  The auto/stop start feature was also very smooth, I could barely tell when the car cut off.  The best feature, in my opinion, was the fact that the car was made of steel.  Cars these days are mostly made of that weird plastic, fiberglass stuff.  The steel was nice and made me feel very safe when driving the car.  When touching the car you could really feel the difference.  The car did not bend when pressure was applied, it was definitely steel.  These cars are know to be good vehicles in a roll over crash. 

I asked the salesman to let me know about the rates and any special offers.  He was having some difficulty with that and took down my email.  He promised that he would email me the rates.  Spoiler alert: he never did.  That made it easy to cross Volvos off my list.
 
I still haven't purchased a new car. I have about $29,689 saved up to purchase a new car (that does include the trade in value of my car).

Next stop, Mazda.

3 comments:

  1. What you need to do is get hold of this month's Consumer Reports. Volvos are NOT rated well. In addition - insurance & repair/maintenance are high. Mazda, on the other hand, rates well. I'm kind of a car snooper so tend to keep up on these. And I'm looking for myself. Check out Acura. I just purchased an MDX last summer & love it. Looking for another for our winter home & considering a Mazda or Acura - something that's just come off of a lease. Those are truly your best value. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with the person above. We once bought a used XC90 and the freaking sunroof leaked! I then read reports, apparently this issue has been known to Volvo for literally over a decade and they made ZERO changes to their design. Their design overall does not change even when there are flaws in it. I would not personally never buy a Volvo again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great Dr. imoloa herbal medicine is the perfect cure for the HIV virus, I was diagnosed of HIV for 8 years, and every day I always looking for research to find the perfect way to get rid of this terrible disease because I always know that what we need because our health is on earth . So, on my internet search I saw several testimonies about how Dr. imoloa can cure HIV with powerful herbal medicines. I decided to contact this man, I contacted him for herbal medicines that I received via DHL courier service. And he guided me how. I asked him for a solution to take herbal medicine for two weeks. And then he instructed me to go check what I was doing. Look at me (HIV NEGATIVE). Thank God for Dr. Imoloa for using a powerful herbal remedy to cure me. he also has a cure for diseases such as Parkison's disease, vaginal cancer, epilepsy, anxiety disorders, autoimmune diseases, back pain, sprains, bipolar disorder, brain tumors, malignant, bruxism, bulimia, cervical disc disease, cardiovascular disease, cardiovascular disease, sprains, bipolar disorder, brain tumors, malignant, bruxism, bulimia, cervical disc disease, cardiovascular disease, cardiovascular disease, sprains, bipolar disorder, brain tumors, malignant, bruxism, bulimia, cervical disc disease, cardiovascular disease , chronic respiratory diseases, mental and behavioral disorders, Cystic Fibrosis, Hypertension, Diabetes, asthma, autoimmune mediated arthritis. Chronic kidney disease, arthritis, back pain, impotence, feta alcohol spectrum, Dysthymic Disorders, Eczema, skin cancer, tuberculosis, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, constipation, inflammatory bowel disease, bone cancer, lung cancer, mouth sores, oral cancer, body pain, fever, hepatitis ABC, syphilis, diarrhea, Huntington's disease, back acne, chronic kidney failure, Addison's disease, Chronic Disease, Crohn's Disease, Cystic Fibrosis, Fibromyalgia, Inflammatory Bowel Disease, Fungal Nail Disease, Paralysis, Celia Disease , Lymphoma, Major Depression, Malignant Melanoma, Mania, Melorheostosis, Meniere's Disease, Mucopolysaccharidosis, Multiple Sclerosis, Muscle Dystrophy, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Alzheimer's Disease email- drimolaherbalmademedicine@gmail.com / or {whatssapp .....+2347081986098}

    ReplyDelete