Wednesday, January 6, 2021

Dividends $$


 When the stock market dropped on Monday, I decided to purchase a few additional shares of one of my favorite ETFs. 

While in my account I decided to check out the total dividends I received in 2020.  I was surprised!  I had received $1,713 in dividends in my roth and $180 dividends in my taxable account (tax efficient investing ya'll!). I read a lot of personal finance blogs, follow several personal finance twitter accounts and a few personal finance Instagram accounts.  I tend to see many people  posting about how they plan to live off of their dividends from their retirement accounts. It is amazing how much money some people have invested and how much they receive in dividends every year.  I cannot wait until I am collecting $20,000 + a year in dividends, too! 

 




No comments:

Post a Comment