Sunday, September 19, 2021

Looking Forward to Autumn


 Hi Friends!  

It's been such a long time since I have been able to blog! I hope you are all doing well.   My new job has taken up so much of time time. It's a very difficult job. I definitely only plan to work here for a max of 10  to 11 years.  The hours are killer and I don't want to be working 12 to 14 hour days everyday in my 50s and 60s. My goal is to retire from this job at 48 or 49 and take a much less stressful job until retirement. (Unless I get fired or demoted.) 

The job does pay well and definitely has incentives to encourage people to work hard. In my first 7 months of employment I have received almost $8k in bonuses. I don't expect my bonuses to be anywhere that high in the future. So the plan is to really work hard for as long as I can and invest/save that money to push myself toward early retirement. 

Right now my roth and my brokerage account have about $95k total in them.  I have 5 more months before I am able to participate in the firm 401k. The stock market has not been cooperating with me over the last few days so my balance has stayed pretty level over the last few months despite continued contributions. I am pushing towards that $100k mark.) 

My car is completely paid off, in less than one year! My savings account is back over $10k.  

Financially things are going okay.  I need to be a little more strict with my finances and track things a little more carefully.  I haven't been as diligent since taking this job due to the time constraints.  

I can't wait until Fall officially arrives.  I am looking forward to less humidity and cooler weather. I just love Halloween. 

I hope you all are staying safe and healthy!


1 comment:

  1. Working a job like that will really take it out of you. It's good to have a plan that doesn't depend on you working in that type of environment forever.

    ReplyDelete