Saturday, March 19, 2022

Where Does The Time Go!




 I don't know where the time goes. The last time I blogged was in September! It's March now and I have turned a year older. I have been at my new job for a full year. I just had my annual review and received a $10,000 increase.  I will now receive monthly bonuses for meeting my required hours and my quarterly bonus rate has increased. 

This job is very intense and I'm not sure how much longer I will stay.  My boss is very Type A and aggressive. It causes a lot of undue stress. I tend to work 13 hour days and every weekend.  I'm not sure that's worth $160k a year ($170k with a year end bonus). However, I did get over $18,000 in bonuses last year.  I am considering going on anti-anxiety medication due to the stress. 

The bright side is that I am now eligible for participating in the company 401K! I am contributing $10% and my firm matches up to a certain amount. I contributed $660 and the match was $100. 

Anyways, I am off to get some work done. 

6 comments:

  1. Glad to have an update! I totally get not having anytime for anything else. Do what you have to do friend! Proud of you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How did I miss this? Before you go on anti-anxiety, check to see if it is anticholinergic. If so, it can cause dementia.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It’s been a long time since you posted. How are you doing? I was wondering how you are managing with what sounds like a VERY high-stress job.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How are you doing? It’s been a long time since you posted. Wondering how you are managing at the new job. Best wishes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Em Gee. Please let us know how that is going medication to work a job that has no work life balance 😔

    ReplyDelete
  6. Michelle! I hope you are doing well! Miss your posts, hope you've had a great past year and accomplished more goals. :)

    ReplyDelete