Saturday, September 6, 2014

Employment Status

There are no new jobs that have been advertised in my area.  It's frustrating, but it is not the hiring season for senior associates in this area.  Most attorneys will hold on through the Christmas break and the new year to get paid their of end of the year bonuses.  If we get end of the year bonuses this year, mine will be about $2,500, so it's probably in my best interest to wait and see.

On a good note, I had an incidental conversation with my boss where I told him directly, that I was unhappy working there.  I, unfortunately, did not have time to have a full conversation with him about why, but suffice it to say that he is aware that I am dissatisfied. I hope that we can continue the conversation and it is my intention to get a list together of my concerns sometime this weekend and discuss with him possible solutions sometime next week.  (Number one on my list will be a raise, by the way!) I hate having to do this, quite frankly, I feel it will be an awkward conversation.  Nevertheless, I will feel better to get it out there and determine whether there is a future for me at this firm.

Oh, side note, my small student loan is now paid up through March of 2017!! Woohoo! I owe, as of today, $5,423.61 on the small student loan! I went out with some friends last week and I think I have the smallest amount of student loan debt. I also have been practicing the longest, so that makes a huge difference.  One girl, owes around $175,000 (practicing about 5 years with a $70,000 salary) and another around $100,000 (practicing 1.5 years with a $44,000 salary). 

1 comment:

  1. I hope your boss addresses your concerns. Life is too short to hate your job.

    ReplyDelete