Saturday, February 28, 2015

Budget March 1-15

$1,480 Mortgage
$390 student loan (the minimum payment is $202.37)- I make payments twice a month
$70 savings
$60 pet plan
$90 groceries
$224 spending
$100 gas

I have saved $2,659.25 in my online savings account (I also have a $10,000 emergency fund that I keep in my checking account). I have $874.96 in my dental fund and $520.25 in my (work) travel fund.  Over the next 3 months I have 3 work trips planned and I just came back from a trip yesterday. My schedule is filing up fast and I will probably add a few more.  These trips can be a little pricey and, again, my usual complaint is it takes the firm approximately 3 months to reimburse travel expenses. Unfortunately, all of my extra case (any cash leftover in any budgeted category) will be going to my travel fund, rather than my student loans.  This is so frustrating!!!

My credit card is paid off and remains at $0.  Student loan A is currently at $19,687.94 (which includes interest through the end of March) and Student loan B is currently at $2,538.26 (which includes interest through the end of March).  I have an additional $870 payment budgeted for my March 16-31 budget.

Personally, I feel a bit depressed.  I really want to see major progress on these student loans and I still don't feel like I'm getting there.  I'm still really frustrated with my work situation and recently I have gotten a lot of additional work dumped on me.  I've been having to cover for an attorney out on maternity leave and the other attorney quit after Christmas (both in the central/south Florida office). I'm extremely busy and my boss feels the need to volunteer for miscellaneous projects which he then, of course, dumps on me.  I'm pretty much the only one in the north Florida office working at this time.  My boss' assistant sits at her desk and plays on the internet and reads a book all day.  I'm not even exaggerating- she tells me about once a week bored she is, but how she is getting so much reading done.  She's making over $60,000 a year to do this. I have to go get ready so I can go to work, for the second weekend in a row. 

No comments:

Post a Comment