Friday, July 8, 2016

Second Quarter Check In

At the beginning of the year I made several goals.  Let's see how I am doing.

1. Pay off student loan-DONE

I paid off my final student loan in January!!

2. Increase emergency fund to $15,000- DONE-ISH

I increased my emergency fund to $15,000 in Mid- February, however later I pulled money out to fund my Roth for 2015.  Right now I have about $14,000.  I'm building it back up. 

3. Save $2,000 towards a new vehicle- IN PROGRESS
I have saved $720 towards my new car.

4. Begin retirement contributions and save $5,500 towards retirement- DONE!!
I have saved $5,500 toward retirement this year.

6. Begin investing in mutual funds- FAIL
I haven't started investing yet.  I plan to wait until I get my ROTH for 2016 funded.

7. Maintain a $1,000 (work) travel fund- IN PROGRESS
I have around $470 in here. This ebbs and flows though because I travel for work and it takes 2 to 3 months for reimbursements.  I have 4 or 5 travel vouchers outstanding. 

8. Build a $1,000 car maintenance fund- FAIL
I have been focusing on the Roth and saving money for new furniture. 

9. Build a $500 home maintenance fund- FAIL KIND OF
I have been focusing on the Roth and saving money for new furniture.  I tend to think of my new furniture fund as a home maintenance fund.

10. Build a $750 medical fund- FAIL
I have been focusing on the Roth and saving money for new furniture.

11. Build a $500 pet fund- FAIL
I have been focusing on the Roth and saving money for new furniture.

12. Lose 30lbs!!!!- IN PROGRESS
I have lost 3 lbs.  Still working on this goal.  

13. Read 24 books- IN PROGRESS
Behind on this goal- I've only read 7 books.

14. Travel somewhere cool!- FAIL

I gotta step my game up to get my butt in gear if I want to make my goals. 

No comments:

Post a Comment