Wednesday, March 15, 2017

Road Warrior 2017

I have been traveling so much for work over the last 2 months.  I have 3 more trips before the end of March and I think I currently have over $1,200 in travel reimbursements pending.  I will definitely have over $2,500 by the end of the month (which is approximately 1/2 of a month's take home pay for me).

I really hate having travel reimbursements as it has been an ongoing struggle to get them paid in a timely manner.  Additionally, when the reimbursements are paid, it is in a piecemeal fashion. (I may get 1 or 2 after about 60 to 90 days.  Then another 1 or 2, etc, etc.)  The whole process sucks.  I'm trying to get out of a trip on Monday, but I will see what I can do.  I think my assistant is irritated with me for failing to ask her to set up a telephonic appearance earlier, but I do what I can.  At least she had a week to coordinate it.

Due to the slow reimbursement process I had to temporarily pull $500 out of my emergency fund to fund my upcoming trips throughout the end of the month. Arghh!! I hate doing that.  I like my money to stay where I put it.

On a positive note, with my tax return I should be able to pay off the balance of the furniture sometime this month and that makes me so happy as I will not have to pay a penny of interest and I received 20% off of the whole purchase!


No comments:

Post a Comment