Saturday, June 24, 2017

The struggle this week

It seems right now that I am just struggling with everything possible. I am frustrated and tired.  Nothing, so far, as been a major deal.  I think I am so tired and frustrated that every little thing sends me into complete and total exasperation.  Here is a list of my current frustrations:

1.My battery light came on in my car on Wednesday and I needed a new alternator, an $800 repair.  (More on this later.)
2. My shower is draining slowly and I can't find my auger.  I don't any drano on hand.
3. My toilet is leaking.  I tried to fix it and now it won't stop running (e.g. I made it worse).
4. At work, I am working on a type of case that I have never worked on before with absolutely no support from the higher ups.
5. My sister's birthday is coming up and I haven't done anything or made any plans.
6. My room is a mess.  Well the whole house is.
7. The lawn needs to be cut, but it won't stop raining.
8.  I'm behind at work.
9. My assistant left on Friday without finishing a project that is due on Monday and she won't be in on Monday.
10.  My boss' assistant seems to have an agenda to keep my boss from communicating with me.  I don't know why.  (More on this later). 
11.  I worked a 12.5 hour day on Monday
12. I worked a 15 hour day on Tuesday. 
13. I'm tired.
14. I don't have enough money to retire today. :)

6 comments:

  1. Sorry you are having such a rough week. I hate it when stress compounds and there feels like no end in sight. It is times like this I often make a list, prioritize and start attacking one by one. Hang in there. You've got this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's exactly what I did! I made a list and attacked each item until done. Thanks for cheering me on.

      Delete
  2. Okay, pour yourself a glass of wine(if you drink) set for a half an hour and contemplate your navel. Now go clean your room. That's it just your room. Crash in bed. Now one thing is off your list. Love you

    ReplyDelete
  3. baking soda and vinegar down the drain. Let sit covered tightly for 10 mins (I use a plastic lid on drain w/ something heavy on top to weigh it down). Rinse with hot water. May need to repeat. But it should get your drain working again. I have to do it for my shower every quarter.

    the saying, "when it rains it pours" comes to mind. I hope its now better. But please set some boundaries at work! You are going to run yourself out of steam working that many hours in a day (I know from experience!).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the tip about cleaning the drain. I will remember that for next time. I can't always control my hours at work. I had depositions out of town and counsel for the co-defendants went for hours questioning the witnesses. I had to stay until complete and then drive home (arriving around midnight).

      Delete