1. Increase emergency fund from $15,000 to $17,500.-IN PROGRESS
I have $15,905 in my EF currently. 6 months to get this where it should be.
2. Add $9,500 to my retirement with an overall goal of having $20,000 in retirement savings by the end of the year.--IN PROGRESS
I have contributed $5,004 to retirement this year. I believe my ROTH is at approximately $15,300.
3. Pay an extra $100 a month on the mortgage, with an end goal of having
the balance under $210,000 by the end of the year.- SO FAR SO GOOD.
I have paid at least $100 extra on each mortgage payment so far this year. This goal may change- more on this later.
4. Save an additional $2,500 into car replacement fund with the end goal of having
$5,000 in the car replacement fund by the end of the year. IN PROGRESS
I have over $3,747 saved towards a new car.
5. Pay off furniture I bought before expiration of 0% financing period. --DONE
I paid this off in approximately 2 months- no interest paid!!!
6. Read 12 books- FAIL
I have only completed 2 books this year.
7. Write a book- FAIL
Lots of ideas- no actual writing
8. Lose 10 lbs- FAIL
9. Donate $200 to charity- IN PROGRESS
I have donated $100 this year.
10. Get more life insurance- FAIL
Was hoping to lose weight first.
11. Build a separate car maintenance fund. - IN PROGRESS
I have $25 in this fund.
12. Look into and focus on career options.- IN PROGRESS
I have been looking into other careers outside of the practice of law.