Monday, July 5, 2021

Updates!

 



Updates!! I have not blogged since March! The last few months have been a whirlwind.  Last I left off, I updated you all that I had been offered a promotion.  It's a lot more work and very stressful, but I like it.  I'm always busy and I think that helps me function better. My base salary is now $150k a year.  That feels unreal. 

I haven't had time to do much else.  I have been working like crazy.  My investment accounts Roth and brokerage are just shy of $90k. That was my old yearly salary at my former firm.  I loved investing in my Roth, but I can't do that anymore.  I need to look at backdoor Roth options. For now, I am just contributing to my brokerage account.  

My car, I did purchase a car in August of last year.  I financed almost $12,000.  As of today the balance is down to $3,975.  I will be paying it off in the next month or 2. 

My savings account is up to about $6,400.  (I had taken most of it out in August of last year to put as a down payment on my car). My plan is to get it up to $10,000 before saving for anything else.  I should be there soon as I will get a $5,000 bonus in August.  I will also likely qualify for a smaller productivity bonus in August as well ($500 or so).

I have been paying extra on my mortgage.  It is now down to $174,831. 

I am now qualified for the office health insurance so I no longer have to pay $700 a month for health insurance through the marketplace.  Yay!  That change has really helped over the last month.  I cannot wait to see where I am at the end of the year. 

I miss you all.  I am still reading your blogs in my spare time so I can keep up to date.  :) 

2 comments:

  1. I am so glad to see an update, and to see that you are doing well with your increased salary, bonuses, and are enjoying your new job. You deserve it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome back! Glad to hear everything is going so absurdly well even if there is a bit a stress.

    ReplyDelete