Sunday, July 6, 2014

Work

I'm still quite confused about what to do about my employment situation. Things at work are pretty much the same. My boss continues to not come into work and his assistant does the same.  It has created a morale problem for me. I'm miserable and apathetic and I hate it.  It appears that my boss' assistant takes off at least 1 day every two weeks.  She also has taken off several weeks of sick time this year alone.  Additionally, she has already taken her 2 weeks of vacation time.  She will be taking more vacation time this year, I have no doubt.  I can't say anything to my boss. Believe me anything I say to him will get repeated back to his assistant!  She also monitors his email so there's no relief there.

The other problem is his assistant is continually failing at her job.  I guess because she's not in the office often enough to ensure that things are being done properly. My boss complains about her (sometimes), but quite honestly, he complains about everyone. I do not trust her anymore so I do not give her work to do.  I think I have to start calling her out when my boss complains about her.  Nothing, but the truth, no waffling on the facts anymore. 

The good thing is, other people are starting to take notice and she is starting to try and hide her absences.  I hate when people take advantage of things and situations.  I am beginning to no longer feel the obligation to give him the opportunity to fix things.  I think me leaving is becoming a reality, this firm is not meeting my needs. It is no longer a good fit. I could use a raise anyways because all this dental work is getting so expensive. 

1 comment:

  1. It really stinks when you don't like your job. I would just try to do your job the best you can and your boss can worry about himself.

    ReplyDelete