Wednesday, November 4, 2015

November 1-15 Budget

$1,480 Mortgage
$492 student loan
$60 pet plan
$90 groceries
$200 spending
$100 savings
$100 gas

I was only able to put $492 on my student loan, but my next payment is not due until November of 2021.  I am paid up exactly six years in advance on my loan!  I owe $8,019 (with interest calculated through the 15th of this month) on the loan.  It's getting close, it was a real morale booster to get below $10,000.  I'm hoping I can snowflake a bit towards the balance over the next couple of months so that I can get it down even more before the end of the year. Should I make a new goal for the end of the year?  I will probably have the balance down to around $5,600 by the end of the year.  Should I try and shoot for $5,000? $600 is a lot to strive for when my budget is already cut to the bones.  Hmmm, I will have to think about this one.

I have $3,841 in my online savings account and I earn about $0.11 a day of interest.  It's nice to see the balance growing.  Even if it's just at $3 of interest a month, plus whatever I can contribute to it. I can't wait to see the day when that balance grows by leaps and bounds. I am getting so close to my goal of $4,000 saved in it by the end of the year.  That with my $10,000 emergency fund will give me such a great level of comfort, especially knowing that at the end of January I will be taking about $3,500 out to pay off the last bit of my student loan.

No comments:

Post a Comment