1. Increase emergency fund from $15,000 to $17,500.-IN PROGRESS
I have increased this by $500 (It was actually $1,000, but I had to borrow $500 for my work travel due to the extremely slow and awful reimbursement process).
2. Add $9,500 to my retirement with an overall goal of having $20,000 in retirement savings by the end of the year.--IN PROGRESS
I have contributed $1,600 to retirement this year. I believe my ROTH is at approximately $11,400.
3. Pay an extra $100 a month on the mortgage, with an end goal of having the balance under $210,000 by the end of the year.- SO FAR SO GOOD.
I have paid at least $100 extra on each mortgage payment so far this year.
4. Save $2,500 into car replacement fund with the end goal of having $5,000 in the car replacement fund by the end of the year. IN PROGRESS
I have over $3,000 saved towards a new car.
5. Pay off furniture I bought before expiration of 0% financing period. Will blog about this later in a separate post. --DONE
I paid this off in approximately 2 months- no interest paid!!!
6. Read 12 books- FAIL
I have not completed one book this year yet.
7. Write a book- FAIL
Lots of ideas- no actual writing
8. Lose 10 lbs- FAIL
9. Donate $200 to charity- FAIL
I have not selected a charity yet.
10. Get more life insurance- FAIL
Was hoping to lose weight first.
11. Build a separate car maintenance fund. - FAIL
Waiting on travel vouchers.
12. Look into and focus on career options.- IN PROGRESS
I have been looking into other careers outside of the practice of law.