Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Job Search

I did it.  I applied for a new job, it's a corporate position. It would be mostly contract review and regulatory compliance issues...boring, however, I would like to gain some corporate experience.  I don't really qualify for the job, but I thought I would give it a shot. There aren't many attorney positions being advertised right now as this is kind of a small town.  Typically, most senior attorney/associate positions are advertised in the early part of the year in this area.  I am hopeful that I will have a new job by next spring, but I don't have any high expectations.  I feel good about taking a step towards getting out of this firm, I really feel like I am being taken advantage at this point.  I am of the opinion that most jobs are generally the same anywhere you go and there will always be something that is unsatisfying about any position.  Nevertheless, I feel like I should be unsatisfied and taken advantage of at a different place for more money.  I hope to post some updates about the trials and tribulations of my impending job search. 

1 comment:

  1. I just found your blog and read your previous entries. I know I'm a complete stranger but I just wanted to let you know that I'm proud of you for saying that enough is enough. I work in an attorney's office as well (Paralegal in NC) and I cannot imagine being in that situation. I definitely would not have had the willpower to not say anything to my boss about his assistant if that had been me. You have put up with it for long enough. It seems like that office is a sinking ship and your boss is going to be in a lot of trouble once you are able to finally leave. My sister is also a paralegal in Chicago and she recently left a law firm because she noticed that it was going downhill fast and she saw the writing on the wall. I really hope your interview goes/went well. I'd love to hear more about how things are going. Good luck and remember Eleanor Roosevelt once said No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.

    ReplyDelete