Saturday, February 7, 2015

Budget and Updates

February 1-15 Budget

$1,447 mortgage--this will be going up to $1,480 due to property tax increases in March
$350 Student Loan
$60 savings
$60 pet plan- I have to cancel this this year-seriously!
$80 groceries
$227 spending
$90- voluntary bar association membership fee
$100 gas

I know it's only February, but I am already disappointed in my student loan payoff amounts.  I'm ready to see the numbers start really dropping.  I only paid $625 on my student loans in January (A $275 payment from my 12/30/14 paycheck and $350 from my 1/30/15 paycheck).  My minimum payment is $202.37.  I think I am going to revise my upcoming budgets to put more money towards student loans-it might help motivate me.  I still owe approximately $23,200 on my student loans. 

As far as my 2015 goals- I did read 2 books in January.  I read Sharp Objects by Gilliam Flynn and Beautiful Chaos by Margaret Stohl and Kami Garcia.  For February, I have already completed Beautiful Redemption (also by Margaret Stohl and Kami Garcia).  I have just started Gray Mountain by John Grisham.  Till next time kids!


2 comments:

  1. You are doing really well on student loan payoff. If you are paying 3 x the minimum.

    ReplyDelete