Monday, December 14, 2015

December 16-31 Budget

$200 utilities
$100 regular groceries
$1604 Christmas Gifts, groceries, etc.
$260 Student loan
$33 alarm monitoring
$200 spending
$25 savings
$100 gas

A super large portion of the income is going towards Christmas.  I am hoping and fairly certain that at least a portion of that will be left over and applied to my student loan at the end of the year.  I'm not planning on doing many one on one Holiday celebrations, but there are a few parties that I am planning on attending so anything I have to bring will come out of the Christmas gift, groceries, etc. line item.

There has been no mention of year end bonuses and I'm pretty sure we won't get anything.  There is a small chance that we will receive grocery gift cards or something like that.  I would prefer to have the week off between Christmas and New Year's, but no one is asking for my opinion.  However, that would require that the firm give us our 12/31 paychecks on Christmas eve and I doubt that the firm has all the cash in place to do that.

 I have to confess that I do get jealous when I read other PF blogger's posts about getting large bonuses (or any bonuses for that matter).  I just wish that this firm would get on the ball so the employees could take home bonuses.  Believe me, we earn them 10 times over.  Okay, well at least I do.  There have been countless times that I have worked on weekends and 12 or 14 hour days.  I try to remind myself that it is important that we are employed and receive paychecks timely, it definitely could be a lot worse. I will carry that reminder to be grateful with me today. 

No comments:

Post a Comment