Tuesday, March 15, 2016

Budget Breakdown March 16-31

$240 utilities
$100 groceries
$100 gas
$1000 retirement
$367 pet expenses
$200 spending
$33 alarm monitoring
$250 household items/furniture
$250 Mom

 So the best news of this budget is that I was able to put $1,000 towards retirement! Yay!  Retirement is becoming a reality.  I can't believe I'm actually at a point where I can save money for it.  My intention is to fully max out my Roth IRA this year.  Wish me luck. I also would like to put another $3,500 in mutual funds to save for retirement as well. 

I had some unexpected pet expenses this month, but luckily I had room in the budget.  Hopefully, next month that money will go towards retirement. The faster I reach $5,500 the better.

I am excited about the $250 to put towards my new furniture fund. Once I finally save enough for new furniture I plan to use this money to replace things around the house, a new fence, remodeling, etc.

The last category is for my mother.  My mother is in her late 60s and I am in my early 30s.  My father died at 68, when I was 25 years old.  I wish that I had been able to do more with him and really enjoy interacting with him.  I want the opportunity to enjoy my mom, now that we can be friends and less of the mother/daughter dynamic.  So this category represents that goal.  It also is a backup fund in case she gets sick and I can't work because I need to care for her. I also want to spoil my Mom because she has sacrificed so much for me and my sisters and my dad over the years,

Okay, that's it- 2 weeks of pay all gone. 

No comments:

Post a Comment