Saturday, November 5, 2016

Third Quarter Check In

Third Quarter Check I- this is totally late, I know. 

At the beginning of the year I made several goals.  Let's see how I am doing.

1. Pay off student loan-DONE

I paid off my final student loan in January!!

2. Increase emergency fund to $15,000- DONE

I increased my emergency fund to $15,000 in Mid- February, however later I pulled money out to fund my Roth for 2015.  Last check in I had about, $14,000.  I am back up to $15,000 right now.

3. Save $2,000 towards a new vehicle- IN PROGRESS
I have saved $1,440 towards my new car.

4. Begin retirement contributions and save $5,500 towards retirement- DONE-ISH
I modified this goal to save $9,000 a year towards retirement. I have contributed $8,720 towards retirement.  Only $280 left to go.

5. Begin investing in mutual funds- FAIL
I haven't started investing yet.  I modified this goal.  I decided to put $9,000 towards retirement this year.  $5,500 went towards my ROTH for 2015 and $3,500 will go towards my 2016 ROTH.  Next year will I put the amount over and above that which I can put into a ROTH into a mutual fund.

6. Maintain a $1,000 (work) travel fund- IN PROGRESS
  This ebbs and flows though because I travel for work and it takes 2 to 3 months for reimbursements.  I have 1 travel voucher outstanding. 

7. Build a $1,000 car maintenance fund- FAIL
I have been focusing on the Roth and saving money for new furniture. 

8. Build a $500 home maintenance fund- FAIL KIND OF
I have been focusing on the Roth and saving money for new furniture.  I tend to think of my new furniture fund as a home maintenance fund.  I have $2,200 saved for household expenses.

9. Build a $750 medical fund- FAIL
I have been focusing on the Roth and saving money for new furniture.

10. Build a $500 pet fund- FAIL
I have been focusing on the Roth and saving money for new furniture.

11. Lose 30lbs!!!!- IN PROGRESS
I have lost 6 lbs.  Still working on this goal.  

12. Read 24 books- IN PROGRESS
Behind on this goal- I've only read 10 books this year.

13. Travel somewhere cool!- FAIL
Total fail. No money and no time. Too many family emergencies.

No comments:

Post a Comment