Saturday, April 8, 2017

Retirement Goal Status

I was able to put $600 towards my retirement goal in March! That means I only have $400 left to put in my Roth for 2016, which I should be able to to with my next paycheck on 4/13.  Then my Roth for 2016 will be maxed out!  Next, I can start the battle against my Roth IRA contributions for 2017.  I don't know how everyone else feels, but, to me, it feels so hard to actually build up a lot of cash for retirement.  The fact that I can only put $5,500 per year into my Roth sucks.  I really wish they would raise the contribution limits.  I haven't bought anything this year because the market has been pretty crazy, "financial experts" are forecasting a market correction and I haven't had enough money to buy a new mutual fund ($3,000 minimum for vanguard). Anyways, only $7,900 more (out of $9,500) to put away for retirement in 2017.

Hopefully my next post will be a quarterly update on my yearly goals as-if you can believe it- it's already April!! I don't understand how time flies to fast now.

No comments:

Post a Comment