Wednesday, June 13, 2018

Emergency Fund to the Rescue

I have not had a chance to post over the last couple of weeks.  It's just been a lot of coming and going.  This will be a short post as well.  Last Friday, after I got home from work I was sitting in the living room working on a project and I heard a loud sound.  It sounded like a metal rack had fallen over.  I looked around the house and in a few closets, but I could not find anything that seemed amiss.  The next morning I went out to the garage so I could drive to a local park and go walking with a friend.  I got into my car and pushed the garage door opener.  The garage door partially opened and then closed.  I was confused.  I got out of my car to see if anything was blocking the door...nothing.  Anyways, to make a long story short, one of the torsion springs on the door had snapped.  How inconvenient!  My sister was flying out of town the next day and I was driving out of town Monday through Tuesday.  I called around and found a company that could come out and fix it that day, of course for a premium, due to weekend work.  The total cost was $335 for about 20 minutes of work (I need that job).  BUT....It was totally worth it to pay extra to get it fixed on the weekend.  My EF had plenty of money to cover the expense and I did not have to take time off from work (where I am already behind) to get it repaired.  We have a lot of rain here in the summer and its best to have a car parked indoors (especially for my 12 year old car that often smells like mildew after it rains). 

1 comment: