Saturday, October 11, 2014

Student Loan milestone!

I am finally owe less than $25,000 on my student loan debt!! The outstanding balance on the larger loan is $20, 180.56.  The outstanding balance on the smaller loan is $4,669.13.  The grand total is...$24,849.69!!! I am sooo excited. Picture me spinning in circles until I am so dizzy I can't stand up straight!!  Everyone celebrate with me!

When I started this blog (earlier this year) I owed over $28,000 on these loans. Of course, this makes the next goal to get the loans under $20,000. I would really like to meet that goal by the end of the year, but I don't think that is possible.  I am trying to cash flow all of the dental work that still has to be done so that is taking a large portion of my disposable income.  I just paid over $1,300 for a crown and some other cosmetic things (smoothing down a chip in my front teeth), but hopefully the dental work will be done by early next year so I can focus on paying down the student loan debt with a vengeance.

No comments:

Post a Comment