Wednesday, August 8, 2018

Retirement!

Just another quick post this morning.  I just happened to login and check my retirement account to make sure that a transfer that I initiated at the end of July fully processed.  I was so surprised to find that the total balance was over $31,000.  Just last month (on 7/20) I was celebrating the fact that I finally reached $30,000.  I know these numbers will continue to ebb and fall, but I love surprises like this. 

Also, just in case you did not know, Dave Ramsey is hosting a contest on his website for two people to win $5,500.  Just the amount needed to max out your Roth (if under 50 years old). I entered because I love free money!!

4 comments:

  1. Woohoo for retirement fund increases. I checked our accounts today and they are also up! Thanks for the info on Dave. I'm going to enter!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's such a nice surprise when they are up, isn't it! You are welcome, I love when he has contests. I never win, but I do like to enter them.

      Delete
  2. Thank for your very good article! i always enjoy & read the post you are sharing!

    ดูหนังออนไลน์

    ReplyDelete
  3. Agreed that investment earnings are awesome to get.

    I'm trying to stop myself from logging into my Roth account everyday to see how much I "earned" that day. $20? Cool! $72? Woohoo!

    I know it's not the healthiest thing to do, but after paying interest on debt for so many years (and still doing so), I like to be able see money coming back to me for once.

    ReplyDelete