Sunday, May 10, 2015

Career Change

My crazy boss has me so stressed that I am actually entertaining the thought of changing careers.  He has officially ruined my chance of getting a job offer from the company I interviewed with and he continues to behave in a counterproductive manner.  Sigh. I am VERY frustrated. 

 I still have student loan debt- so I'd like to pay that off and save up some money before heading back to school to seek a career change.  I have always liked math and science. I don't know what else I can do that will produce a comfortable living- so I am thinking a new career.  Any ideas?  What's a good career other than being a lawyer?

I need a plan because every Sunday night I feel like stepping out into the middle of traffic. I need something that I can take classes for online, at night.  I was talking with a friend on Friday night  (also a lawyer) and she told me that she would also like to change careers due to the deep dissatisfaction that she feels with her career as well.

Does anyone else feel this way?  Do you feel like you are working hard and not getting anywhere? 

2 comments:

  1. I felt the same way around December of last year. After lots of soul searching, I decided being a lawyer is not what made me unhappy, it was working where I work. I now have plan to launch out on my own this fall and start my own firm. Maybe you could consider a different practice of law or start your own practice. It seems to me your boss is the problem, not being a lawyer. That's just my 2 cents. Good luck with whatever you decide!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are absolutely right. I have been very happy being a lawyer in other work places. I have considered going out on my own, but financially it's not the right choice for me right now. Good luck in building your practice!

    ReplyDelete