Tuesday, May 5, 2015

Debt Updates

At the end of December of 2014, I owed $23,703 on my student loans.  I currently owe approximately $19,407.72, So, I have paid off approximately $4,295.28 in the last four months.  This, of course, averages a little over $1,000 a month (plus interest) that I have paid down on my student loans.  Grr...I'm still not getting things paid down as quickly as I would like. However, big picture-wise I need to realize that I would still be paying down $12,000 in student loan debt this year which would be awesome.

I owe about $1,921 in credit card debt, leftover from recent dental work.  I have the money saved, but I don't want to let go of too much cash at one time.  I'm hoping to get my travel vouchers reimbursed soon to replenish the cash that is going out of the door. 

I wish that I could get rid of all of this debt because it is so stressful to think about being in debt for years and years.  I know that I have said this before, but want to move towards using my money for better things, savings, investing, building up retirement and paying off my house. For some reason, I just feel all of the pressure right now.  I have to keep reminding myself that I borrowed against my future 10 + years ago and I am now required to pay that all back. It's all gonna work out and be okay, right?


No comments:

Post a Comment