Saturday, November 14, 2015

Budget November 16-30

We don't get paychecks until Monday because the 15th fell on a Sunday, but I wanted to go ahead and put my next budget period up.

$210 utilities
$100 groceries
$1529 student loan
$300 thanksgiving
$33 alarm monitoring
$200 spending
$50 savings
$100 gas


 I have a little money leftover from the last budgeting period to help me get through the weekend.   I have a $60 prepaid debt card that I received as a result of the new tires I purchased last month.  I think I am going to buy a Publix gift card with that prepaid debt card and use it for Thanksgiving. (The rules regarding the use of the prepaid debit card are overly complicated.) That way, hopefully, I will have cash leftover after Thanksgiving that I can put on my student loan.  I'm also still hoping that the firm gives us gift cards for Thanksgiving as we likely will not receive Christmas bonuses this year.  If we receive gift cards from the firm, I may have more money that I can put on my student loan after Thanksgiving.

I have some travel coming up for work and I still haven't bothered the bookkeeper about my travel vouchers.  I have a trip on Tuesday and another one at the end of November.  I then have 2 more trips in December (for now).  My travel fund is on $0, I need to fill it back up.  Speaking of that, I may take some money from that student loan amount and throw it in the travel fund, until I get reimbursed.  I hate to keep taking money away from the student loan, but I don't know what else to do.


No comments:

Post a Comment