Sunday, November 8, 2015

Work Concerns

I should be getting reimbursed for some work travel in the next few weeks.  I don't have the exact numbers in front of me, but the amount that's due to me in November is about $1,000.  That is the amount that I typically keep in  my travel fund.  I was hoping to be able to put some of that money on my student loan, but I guess I will put it all back in the travel fund.  Maybe I will split it and put a small portion on my student loan.  Oh well, I guess I will figure it out when the reimbursements come in. Although, I have a feeling that that due to the upcoming Holiday season, the bookkeeper may be a bit slow in reimbursing me.  I will have to stay on top of her to make sure that she pays them this month.  The firm will also probably try to do some small bonus or gift card for Thanksgiving and that will likely cut into my reimbursements.  In December I am expecting another $250 or so in reimbursements. 

Also, as of October 30, 2015 the South/Central Florida office hired a new associate. This is a bit worrisome to me.  I was helping out a lot down there and this North Florida office doesn't really have much work.  We have a few cases that trickle in.  I hope I don't get laid off before I can pay off my student loan.  I  know I am paid up six years in advance on this loan, but I just need to finish it.  After I pay it off, I can focus on building savings in case of an emergency.  I hope that if there is a money flow problem the firm lays off non-billiable staff first.  Typically, most law firms will layoff non-billiable staff (secretaries, etc.) in order to cut expenses and keep the staff that is making the firm money.   However, this firm does not do anything that is logical and reasonable.  Oh well, only time will tell.  I will have to be more diligent with my finances.  Unfortunately, I blew $72 at Walmart on Friday. 

No comments:

Post a Comment