Saturday, November 21, 2015

New Goal for debt payoff

As of Monday I have paid $17,651.22 on my student loans this year.  At the beginning of this year, my original goal was to pay $10,000 on my student loans, I later modified that goal to $16,000.  I have met both of those goals.

So I have been thinking about what to do and my new goal is to put $19,000 on student loan debt by the end of this year.  I am hopeful that I can make that goal.  I only have about 1.5 months left, but I am going to try as hard as I can to squeeze every extra dollar out of my budget (without sacrificing too much) in order to come up with the $1,348.78 needed to meet that goal.  I have about $984 budgeted towards my student loan debt for the next 1.5 months.  So I am a bit short, but I am hopeful that my Christmas spending will be limited and I will be able to scrape together extra money. If I am able to make this goal, my student loan will be down to approximately $5,130 by the end of December!! Boy, would I love to start the year owing only $5,130 with a payment not due until probably June of 2023. 

No comments:

Post a Comment