Friday, February 17, 2017

Debt update....

The mortgage is down to $216,127 and with my next payment it should fall down into the $215,000s! I'm trying so hard to get this beast down to a level that I feel more comfortable with seeing.

My furniture debt is down to $3,219 (originally $6,909).  With my most recent paycheck (on 2/15) I made a payment of $2,537.  This is excellent, the first payment was not made until January and I am already down in the $3,000s.  If you will recall this is the furniture I financed (interest free for 1 year) to get a 20% discount on the price as the store would not offer such a large discount if I paid cash. One of my February goals is to get my taxes completed and I should get around $1,200 back.  That $1,200 will go towards the furniture and I also have $930 still saved specifically for the furniture (I split the money I saved into increments to make sure I could make the required payments in case of catastrophe.).  I will put the tax refund and the $930 on the furniture in March, probably.  I should be able to pay off the rest of the furniture from my mid- March paycheck.  

That should leave me plenty of time to get the last $1,000 into my Roth IRA (for 2016) before the April deadline. 

Okay off the races.

2 comments:

  1. Wow! That is great progress both on the mortgage and the furniture! You are doing very well!

    ReplyDelete