Thursday, July 6, 2017

Second Quarter Update - Goals 2017

1. Increase emergency fund from $15,000 to $17,500.-IN PROGRESS
I have $15,905 in my EF currently.  6 months to get this where it should be.

2. Add $9,500 to my retirement with an overall goal of having $20,000 in retirement savings by the end of the year.--IN PROGRESS
I have contributed $5,004 to retirement this year. I believe my ROTH is at approximately $15,300. 

3. Pay an extra $100 a month on the mortgage, with an end goal of having the balance under $210,000 by the end of the year.- SO FAR SO GOOD.
I have paid at least $100 extra on each mortgage payment so far this year. This goal may change- more on this later.

4. Save an additional $2,500 into car replacement fund with the end goal of having $5,000 in the car replacement fund by the end of the year. IN PROGRESS
I have over $3,747 saved towards a new car.

5. Pay off furniture I bought before expiration of 0% financing period. --DONE

I paid this off in approximately 2 months- no interest paid!!!

6. Read 12 books- FAIL
I have only completed 2 books this year. 

7. Write a book- FAIL
Lots of ideas- no actual writing

8. Lose 10 lbs- FAIL
no progress

9. Donate $200 to charity- IN PROGRESS
I have donated $100 this year. 

10.  Get more life insurance- FAIL
Was hoping to lose weight first.

11. Build a separate car maintenance fund. - IN PROGRESS
I have $25 in this fund. 

12. Look into and focus on career options.- IN PROGRESS

I have been looking into other careers outside of the practice of law.

2 comments:

  1. Another career is daunting for sure, but you are young, so should be able to navigate it fairly well. I wish you all the best with that!

    You are doing so fabulous with your retirement accounts. I wish I had had the wherewithal in my 20s and 30s. Once you get to $17,500 is that it? I love meeting a goal - that is one I really want to tackle!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your kind wishes. I feel so far behind with retirement savings, like I will never catch up! I hope my income rises in the next few years so I can contribute more to retirement savings while time is still on my side. My goal is to add yearly to my emergency fund. I decided to take it up to $17,500 this year and will probably take it to $20,000 next year. I want to be able to weather a job loss and any major emergency.

    ReplyDelete