Tuesday, November 14, 2017

Tree Trimming Costs

Just a short post this morning.  I called about a week and a half ago (11/3) to have someone come out and provide an estimate for trimming the trees in my backyard.  He came out that same day and quoted $950 (for about 8 trees).  Just a few days later (11/8) he was out here with his crew trimming the trees.  They did a great job! They removed all of the branches that needed to be removed and cleaned up all of the debris from the backyard.  Not one single branch was left.  I wasn't home at the time (but my sister was) and she gave them cold water and snacks.  I didn't know which day they were coming so I didn't leave her with my checkbook or cash (For tips).  Anyways, I spoke to the guy the next day and got the final amount ($950) and wrote him a check for $1,050 (the $950,plus a $100 tip).  I was never so happy to pay someone for a service! He even called yesterday, advised me that he received the check and thanked me for the prompt payment and the tip!  It's hard to find great service like that nowadays!

4 comments:

  1. That is an excellent price for all that work. Very dangerous work! I'm sure they appreciated the nice tip you gave them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought so too! I saw a few dead limbs in the trees and decided it was too dangerous for me to try and climb up and get them. Also, I couldn't reach the dead limbs that were about 20+ feet high. I was so glad it was an affordable price.

      Delete
  2. That's a great price! We had a tree already down on the ground at our rental house and were quoted $2400 to cut and remove it! I think it's wonderful you tipped for the service. These types of jobs can be physically demanding and often go unappreciated.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wasn't sure how much or if to tip. I asked around and even googled it and couldn't find a definitive response. I try to always tip delivery people because they do have such exhausting jobs. $2400 is crazy expensive. Was it a huge tree?

      Delete