Tuesday, November 21, 2017

Future Goals

I guess because its getting close to the end of the year, I have been thinking a lot lately about the future. There are several things I want to do over the next 5 years.  So this is almost a bucket list of things to do before I hit 40:

1. Have retirement savings of over $100,000 by the time I turn 40 (or at least sometime that year).
2. Have the outside of the house pressure washed and painted.
3. Have the inside of the house painted
4. Remodel the kitchen
5. Remodel the master bathroom.
6. Buy a new laptop.
7. Purchase bedroom furniture, including a nice new mattress to replace my 14 year old mattress.
8. Buy a new car.
9. Pay down the mortgage significantly to at least a balance of $150,000. 

I was going over my yearly budget for next year and I wonder where I will find the money to accomplish all of these goals over the next five years.   Do you have any major financial goals that you would like to accomplish over the next 5 years?  What are they? How will you accomplish them?

1 comment:

  1. I like your definitive goals! Our biggest goals are to get rid of consume debt, increase what we are contributing to retirement, cash flow a new-to-us car, and pay a lot more down on our mortgage. Hubs will likely retire in about 10 years, so we have some serious work ahead of us.

    ReplyDelete