Saturday, November 18, 2017

The Struggle Continues...

Friday morning I went into the garage to go to work and my car wouldn't start.  My sister had not yet left for work and was able to jump my car.  I drove my car to the shop and told the guy I brought my car in exactly a week ago for an oil change (literally exactly one week).  I also told him that when I got my car back from that oil change I had to reset all of the clocks in my car because for some reason the mechanic had disconnected by battery.  I also made sure that he knew that I had paid for a brand new alternator and battery this summer.  (Gotta love 11 going on 12 year old cars!)  Anyways after a couple of hours my car was ready.  It was allegedly a bad battery.  (I'm not so sure that I believe that, especially since just last week they allegedly checked my battery and said it was just fine).  I didn't have to pay anything as every thing was covered under the warranty, but it was inconvenient. 

My new neighbors' dogs continue to bark incessantly.  It has been a bit cool here at night (in the 40s) and they leave their dogs out all night.  The dogs bark and growl all night long.  The other night they barked continuously from 1:30a.m. until 2:30a.m. 

My boss gave me a big project at work (really something he should be doing) and now continues to intervene every 5 minutes to provide some advice about what needs to be done.  Happily, I can state that I have held my tongue and just ignored him.  Normally, I would have sent and email telling him he could head the project himself or provide a complete list of instructions and parameters for the project. 

My other boss called and gave me another project that she had given to the associate attorney in her office.  She did not like the results that he produced. I'm certain his research is correct and I hate being put in that position to redo a co-worker's work.  What if I find something he didn't?

I think I should start doing a post about the good each week too to balance things out. 

2 comments: