Thursday, January 18, 2018

Retirement 2018 And Other Goals

Yesterday I made my first contribution to my Roth for 2018.  It always feels good to put money away for retirement.  This first contribution totaled $1,390, so only $4,110 to go to fully fund my Roth for the year.  I try to blog about each contribution because I like to track how much I contribute (And when).  Also, this is a watershed year because this is the first time I have not had to finish funding my Roth from the previous year prior to the April deadline.  After I fully fund my Roth I will add $5,000 into my taxable account for the year.  I am considering putting any tax return towards my Roth this year.  (Any tax return could go towards my Roth, car replacement fund or furniture fund.  I just can't decide whether to do all 3 or just 1.)

Yesterday, I made a $50 contribution to St. Jude's Children's Hospital to jump start my charitable giving goal.  It really felt good to start working towards my yearly goals in January.  I love progress and I hate standing still.

I have also been working on my reading goals.  I am making myself read 20 pages a day to make sure I get 15 books read this year.  I should be able to get 1 book completed every two weeks or so.  This will get tougher as my schedule is starting to fill up quite a bit.

I still need to do my 2017 recap, I hope to get that post drafted this weekend and up next week.  There is always so much to do! 




No comments:

Post a Comment