Friday, February 9, 2018

Tax Cuts

I have yet to get an increased paycheck based on the tax cuts for 2018.  I am hopeful that my first February paycheck (2/15) will result in some increased tax home pay.  I have played with some calculators online at it seems I should be bringing home an extra $45 a paycheck.  I think the extra $45 at the end of the month (2/28 paycheck) will go towards the mortgage.  I think the extra $45 from my mid month paycheck will go towards either retirement (until I hit my yearly number) or my new mattress/bedroom furniture fund (To replace my 15 year old mattress). 

Have you noticed any increases in your take home pay?  What do you plan to do with the increase?  

6 comments:

  1. Hubs gets a quarterly bonus that is paid separately from his regular check. We did see a slight increase from the last one he received (same gross) so we were happy about that. Right now we are focused on paying off debt, so that is where the money will go.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh nice!! The extra will be a nice boost to your debt payoff.

      Delete
  2. I noticed the pay increase last pay period. It will help out with the 'Mom Help Me' fund.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just got an increase in my last paycheck (2/15). That sounds like a great use of the money, you won't even miss it!

      Delete
  3. My last check did have an increase.

    ReplyDelete