Thursday, April 19, 2018

Retirement Savings Update




 Credit: Maklay62

 
This week has gone by so fast!! I haven't had a chance to post.  Work is crazy busy and I just can't keep up right now. My boss, however, strolls in about noon a few days each week.  He's always sure to tell me how he's going to start helping out because he knows I am so busy.  Yet somehow when the partner in the South Florida office asked him to help out with 2 appeals, a pre-suit mediation and a trial...he dropped them all on me.  So much for help.

Anyways, on to the point of this post...

My goal this year to contribute $10,500 to my retirement savings. I plan to contribute $5,500 to my Roth and $5,000 to my taxable brokerage account. 

For April I only contributed $765 to my retirement account (due to my very expensive car repair). That brings my total contributions for 2018 to $4,035 Only $1,465 more to go to fully fund my Roth for the year.  I hope to be max it out no later than May of this year (but probably June).  Once those contributions are complete I will contribute $5,000 to my taxable brokerage account.

In case you were wondering (and I would because I am a nerd ), I have been tracking my retirement contributions for the year.  They are as follows:


1/15/18    $1,390
2/15/18    $610
3/15/18    $1,270
4/16/18    $765


 How are you doing with your retirement contributions for the year?  Frankly, I feel pretty blessed to be able to put any money towards retirement.

4 comments:

  1. You are doing great! We recently decided to reduce our retirement contribution to the match in order to focus on paying off debt. It was painful to do, but so is being in debt.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I’m sure it will be totally worth it. As soon as you pay off the debt you will be able to add that much more to retirement.

      Delete
  2. Great work! Annual goals keep me focused.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Annual goals work best for me too. Are you going to be posting soon? I miss your blog!

      Delete