Wednesday, October 28, 2015

!$@!!! Murphy!!

So yesterday as I was driving home from work I noticed that my headlights looked odd in the reflection of the car in front of me.  When I got home I pulled into the garage and left the lights on so I could check.  Well, my fog lights and indicators lights were working, but 2 of the main headlights were totally out.  The other 2 were on very dim and definitely on their last legs.  My car is 9 years old and the headlight bulbs have never been replaced- so I guess it was about time to replace them. 

Anyways, I promptly went inside and researched the replacement bulbs for my car and instructions on how to replace them.  Talk about expensive!! I had 4 bulbs that had to be replaced: 2 low beam bulbs and 2 high beam bulbs.  On the internet without tax, I estimated the cost for all 4 bulbs to be about $58.  I went to the auto store today and the cost was almost $64 with tax.  However, I was able to replace the bulbs myself and save some money in that respect. I had just about $60 left in my budget for this 2 week period.  I was hoping to put that $60 towards my student loan, but that about covered the cost of the bulbs.  So much for the extra money on the loan.  Oh well.

4 comments:

  1. It always seems to happen just when you have the money allotted for something else! Which is why I am freaking out a bit about our emergency fund. We will get there though - we both are very determined!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, we can do it!! We will get there!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I actually hire this done on my car because they need to take off the front tire and disassemble the front headlight. The $30 I pay for labor is worth it. Good for you for doing it yourself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh wow! It is so simple to do on my car. Just unplugging a cord and putting in the new bulb.

      Delete