Sunday, April 3, 2016

Budget Breakdown April 1-15

$1,519 mortgage
$372 cell phone
$60 pet plan
$100 groceries
$200 spending
$100 gas
$100 retirement
$80 car

I was able to put an extra $50 on the mortgage this month. Yay! I know it's not much, but I figure every extra little bit will help me pay off the mortgage faster and I'll be a little closer to being financially independent.

After much cajoling (arguing) my sister has made some unknown changes to the cellular phone bill.  All I know is that the bill should be reduced for the next billing period.  I don't know by how much and I don't know what changes she made.  Only time will tell.  Any extra money will go to the mortgage next month.

Gosh darn it, I will cancel the pet plans this year and just save the cash!! I think the first one I can cancel is in July.

I was able to put another $100 towards retirement.  That makes the total for my 2015 Roth contributions $1,600.  I should be able to add a little more from my April 15 paycheck.  I will pull the rest out of savings so I can max out my Roth for 2015.  Sigh, I hate pulling money out of savings-even if it is to put into other savings.

No comments:

Post a Comment