Wednesday, April 27, 2016

Traveling and Job

I have so many things I want to put up posts about, but I simply have not had the time.  I have been traveling all over the state for the last few weeks.  I was up at 4:30 yesterday morning to get ready and left the house about 6:15 and did not pull into the house until 8:53p.m.  I am so tired and I have so much to do. 

I still hate my job, but I have not seen or heard about any interesting or new positions.  I can't even really think about it right now.  The dynamic in the office is the same.  Most of much of the staff is generally not in the office and while there is some irritation from the higher ups, nothing is done about it.  A few weeks ago, I worked a 14 hour day traveling (hearing and 2 depositions) and then came into the work the next morning and there was no support staff present.  Which meant on top of doing all of the administrative tasks I normally have to do (logging billiable time, travel reimbursement documents, etc,) I also had to answer the phone, get the mail and, of course, do my billiable work.  It's pretty ridiculous.

I can't wait to come home and sleep. Zzzz

2 comments:

  1. You work so hard, Michelle. Do you have plans to retire early or become financially independent?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is my absolute dream! Right now I am focusing on building up my retirement savings.

    ReplyDelete